Canary Wharf, London Underground
AG Surveying tendered for the refit works at Canary Wharf Tube Station, London, on behalf of our client, KN Group. The works were awarded to our client in November 2019.
The works comprised of:
- The design and build of nine new retail units and storage areas.
- Structural alterations to the existing façade and ticket desk areas.
- Design and supply of the electrical items to meet the specification and requirements set out by the client, London Underground.
AG Surveying carried out the following:
- Procurement of all sub-contract packages and specialist material / equipment price, including preparing individual bills of quantities for each subcontractor to price.
- Creating a detailed scope of works for the builders works and checking this against the drawing comments to make sure nothing is missed.
- Going through subcontractor prices, normalizing and comparing them to ensure that they allow for everything and that the price returned is competitive.
- Collating a list of clarifications and exclusions to be submitted alongside the price.
- Feeding all the prices into the clients bill of quantities to meet tender requirements.
- Discussing possible welfare set up requirements and options, and pricing the prelims on the basis agreed with our client.